Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Dangerous to go Alone, Take This.

It IS dangerous to go alone.

But none of us have an old man handing us a wooden sword. Nor do we find ourselves in need of an actual sword. Everyday life isn't live or die. We aren't battling octoroks, losing hearts, or meeting old men in caves with bonfires. *Sigh* Wouldn't that be exciting?

Our lives are all we have. An adventure awaits each one of us. It is up to us to make it all we can. If you are not where you want to be, if you can't face that giant boss at the end of your level, then it's time to Level Up!

What is the one thing that you value? You know, the thing that you enjoy. Or the thing that keeps your life from being a miserable existence, even if just for a minute. Is it your computer? Music? A hobby? Your car? A specific game on your Xbox, PS3, or dare I say it... Wii? Something that helps you get through the day, the hours, the minutes... Whatever gets you excited about life...

THIS IS YOUR SWORD
and despite being a 28 year old female, I am the old man giving it to you.

Find your excitement, no matter what it is, and take a moment to reflect on how you feel doing that activity. That is the feeling to build on. That feeling is the sword given to you to use to conquer your enemies... both mental and physical. So use this feeling to slash away at the things that hold you back, and prevent you from living your life as best as you can.

For me, my sword is the way I feel when I am in the Wasteland of Fallout 3, in my power armor, and shooting Raiders with my combat shotgun. That makes me feel ALIVE.

For a moment I feel sad that it is just fantasy, a game. But you know what? The feeling is real. And I want to feel that more often, in places other than alone on my couch. So I am going to take steps to change things in my life, to level it up, one stat at a time, and maybe I'll be able to beat that boss, and live my life healthy and happy.

I hope you decide to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment